Shri Venkateshwara University is a State Private University enacted by Act No-26 of 2010 of State Legislature of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh and notified u/s 2(f), UGC Act 1956 of University Grants Commission, Govt. of India. Degree / Diploma’s are awards u/s22(1) of UGC Act 1956.
- The university is located at Gajraula, Dist. Amroha, Uttar Pradesh to promote excellence in higher education and giving equal access to value education to the rural population for a vibrant and inclusive society through knowledge creation and dissemination.
- The university campus sprawling over 60 acres is lush green, serene, pollution free and calm which provides an awesome ambience for the dedicated and committed academic and research communities.
- An emerging University dedicated for carving out students with inspiring insights towards success and thus becoming an important destination for higher learning.
- The campus is well furnished with a large number of facilities as described on front page of prospectus.
- The University is delivering social, economic and intellectual values par excellence one of the Top University of Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- The university campus provides world class quality education in tune with the technological advancements taking place in various facets of Medical, Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences, Languages, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Comm., etc.
Shri Venkateswara University –School of Vocational Education
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) program offered by the School of Vocational Education at Shri Venkateshwara University approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Shri Venkateshwara University (SVU) strongly believes that education without skills is of no use in today’s world. Jobs are becoming highly skill-intensive, and the present education system is largely comprised of the theoretical components, therefore less or no focus is being given on practical skills, which has largely impacted the job prospects amongst the job seekers.
Shri Venkateshwara University (SVU) has established a School of Vocational Studies to address the gap between academia and industry needs. SVU has introduced Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) courses in multiple trades and specializations intending to provide students with in-depth knowledge on practical aspects to handle the complexities of tasks in the real work environment. The curriculum has been designed as per the guidelines laid down by NSQF.
The key objective is to make education more practical and industry-oriented, the larger portion i.e. 60% – 70% of the course is essentially to be imparted in skill component and the balance 30% is general education. Therefore, the student undergoes the skill component training within the respective industry. The “On Job Training” and “Work-Based Learning” elements are the essential components of the curriculum.
Moreover, the skill development components of B.Voc. courses have been very carefully designed in consultation with industries/employers to ensure the adequate knowledge and skills at exit point which shall further ensure the students are work-ready and fit to be employed after the completion of the course. Thus, a thoughtfully designed skill Development course at Shri Venkateshwara University would give you comprehensive knowledge and excellence to explore more in your specific field.